It’s official! Escape Rooms have received the go ahead from the City of Worcester to reopen for escape room games starting Monday July 6th. This means you are able to book your game for July 7th (since we’re not open on Mondays). Keep reading to learn more about Live Action Escapes COVID Reopening and what to expect for your escape room experience.
Due to the current pandemic situation, we have made some changes to the reservation process, what to expect for your escape room experience along with updates to our Terms and Conditions and Waiver. This is to ensure the safety of you and our staff.
“So, what’s different with…?”
Making a Reservation
- We will currently be running on a limited schedule in order to ensure our staff have ample time to clean and sanitize the escape rooms and lobby between each group. We have updated our hours to allow for more time choices for you!
Starting July 7th, we will be open:
Tuesday – Thursday 11:30am-8:30pm
Friday – Saturday 12:00pm-9:00pm
When you click Buy Tickets, you will be brought to our schedule. You will only see an option called “Escape Room Game”. That is because all 3 of our games are available for EVERY time slot. Choose what time slot works best for you, click book now and fill out all of the required information, including your game choice.
- ALL GAMES ARE PRIVATE! Automatically. Everyday.
This means that it will only be you and the other players in your party in our space (besides your Game Master) in any given time slot. We have also limited our games player size to 6 to provide more personal space to each player.
- We have updated our Terms and Conditions as well. Any new changes are highlighted to make it easy.
- “Do I have to sign a waiver?” Yes and No…
When filling in your reservation, we require you to provide the names and contact information of all of the players attending the game. By booking the reservation, you confirm that you have all read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions as well as the Waiver (available on our FAQ page). You do not have to sign our electronic waiver or bring your own paper copy.
When You Arrive
- Please plan for everyone in your group to arrive AT LEAST 5 minutes PRIOR to the games start time listed on your reservation. Once everyone in your party has arrived, please call 508-753-1856 to notify your Game Master. They will come out and escort you to our location.
- Per Massachusetts State Order, any person entering 1 Exchange Place is required to wear a cloth face covering (mask) for the duration of their visit. Live Action Escapes asks, for the safety of our employees, that if you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask for the entire duration of your visit, to please refrain from making a reservation. Live Action Escapes reserves the right to turn you away without a refund or credit.
- Live Action Escapes has a limited supply of disposable masks available for purchase if someone in your party has forgotten theirs.
- Because there are a large number of touch surfaces in the escape room games, we will require everyone to wear gloves during their game. These non-latex gloves will be provided to your by your game master.
- We have also removed some of the non-essential decor in the games, such as blankets and any other porous surfaces that would be difficult to thoroughly sanitize between each group.
- At this time, there will be no public restroom available during your visit. Please plan accordingly. Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry.
When you leave
- As much as we LOVE our fun masks, glasses and signs for your after game picture, we have decided to remove them for now. If you would like to “Spice up” your group photo, practice making silly faces with your mask on and get your best funny pose ready to go!
- After your group pictures you will be asked to immediately exit the building (unless patronizing other business within Exchange Place).
- As always, you will be able to grab your photo off our Facebook or Instagram pages. Unfortunately we will not be able to take any photos on your phones but, feel free to take plenty of selfies!
Our Available Games
- Unfortunately due to the nature of our mobile escape room games (mainly used for large group events), “The Quest for the Golden Keys” and “Cartoon Takeover!” are currently unavailable for booking and we are no longer offering “Don’t Miss the Bus!”.
We know it is a lot of information! We just wanted to update you on what’s happening with our COVID Reopening and What to Expect For Your Escape Room Experience so there are no surprises (we know there’s been enough of those in 2020).
If you have any questions or are unsure about any of our new policies, please don’t hesitate to reach out! You can contact us through email PuzzleMaster@LiveActionEscapes.com or by phone 508-753-1856.